Skip to content

Fan-fics and Painter 2017.

August 21, 2016

So it’s been almost two weeks since my last post. My apologies, I just felt there wasn’t much to update you guys with last week so I decided to continue to work on some things. First off I’ve completed the short biographies of at least four characters out of a possible six for my fan-fiction project. Because of some needed tension and character depth, I’ve taken some liberties with the personal lives of the original characters and added some little quirks and backstory. I want them to be intriguing; bad yet likable, and good yet they do bad things. The made up characters and the lesser known ones will be the observers but will still have some key effect on the outcome of the storylines. As I think I’ve said before, this is all only for fun, but still something I’ve always wanted to do. A few of my friends have done quite a lot of fan-fiction and I want to have a good stab at it.

Practicing drawing legs is going well. The Anatomy Essentials magazine shows not just the general shape, but also the muscle structure underneath. However it’s the length and sizes of legs which is my main failing so I figure I’ll just keep working through the whole section of the book and at the same time keep up with the Posemaniacs gesture drawings. That way things will fall into place quicker. Ah well, only time and practice will tell!

Keeping on the subject of art, I’ve upgraded to Corel Painter 2017 and I can’t wait to see what it can do. I’ve already used the new drawer system. Basically the windows where such things as colour, papers, brush settings etc… are displayed can be hidden by double clicking the tab part, leaving only the tab. This is a great way of removing obstructions without having to press the keyboard tab to remove every panel each time you need space. Anyway, so far it’s been cool to use and I haven’t tried all the new brushes yet so I better get on that. I have however, been practicing painting explosions for a certain large personal project and after a few first tries (one using a tutorial) I think I’ve made some progress and would like to share with you guys. So here it is, explosion test number 3 using the oils in Corel Painter 2017:

Explosion3_Oil_72

More to come!

Kcorym 🙂

Advertisements
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: